Indoor Air Quality
Healthier People, Healthier Planet
People spend about 90 percent of their time indoors, where they may be exposed to thousands of airborne pollutants. At OFGO, we work to prevent indoor air pollutants at their source.
Various OFGO products are GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certified® and GREENGUARD Gold Certified™. GREENGUARD Certified products are tested and screened for more than 10,000 individual volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and are required to meet stringent
health-based emissions levels for over 350 VOCs.
Why GREENGUARD matters?
GREENGUARD Certification is broadly recognized and accepted by sustainable building programs and building codes worldwide. Additionally, the use of GREENGUARD certified furniture can help design teams earn points in green building rating systems, satisfy code or ordinance criteria, and meet the indoor air quality specific RFP requirements of nearly 200 programs, including:
- LEED for Commercial Interiors / LEED Canada for Commercial Interiors (IEQ Credit 4.5: Low-Emitting Material—Systems Furniture and Seating)
- LEED for New Construction/LEED for Core and Shell/LEED for Existing Buildings (ID Credit: Low-Emitting Material—Systems Furniture and Seating)
- LEED for Healthcare (MR Credit 5, Option 2: Furniture and Medical Furnishings)
- Green Guide for Healthcare 2.2 (EP Credit 3.6: Furniture and EQ Credit 4.5: Furniture)
- LEED for Retail: Commercial Interiors / LEED for Retail: New Construction (IEQ Credit 4: Option E: Furniture)
- LEED for Schools (IEQ Credit 4.5: Option 1: Furniture and Furnishings )
- ASHRAE 189.1 (184.108.40.206: Office Furniture Systems and Seating)
- ASHRAE 189.1 (8.5.2 g: Office Furniture Systems and Seating)
- Collaborative for High Performance Schools (2.2.5: Furniture)
The GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certification ProgramSM gives assurance that products designed for use in office environments and other indoor spaces meet strict chemical emissions limits, which contribute to the creation of healthier interiors.
For products intended for use in schools, daycares or other environments where children spend significant periods of time, the GREENGUARD GOLD Certification ProgramSM offers stricter certification criteria. It is referenced by both The Collaborative for High Performance Schools (CHPS) and the Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Building Rating System.